Did you find your dream home? In other words, did you wake up the next morning thinking about drinking coffee in that new kitchen or did you even decide that you were ready to make an offer after the first walk-through? Well, if you want to stand out among the other offers that are potentially on the table in this demanding marketing, we recommend writing an offer letter. This letter comes from the heart and can make or break a contract if there are multiple offers on the house.
Here’s how to do it (and we will help, of course):
- Make sure that this is written yourself. A seller can tell when it comes from the heart and when it comes from someone else who was delegated the task!
- Add in some facets of the home that you love and be specific! This will flatter the seller.
- “We can see ourselves sitting on your beautiful front porch drinking coffee while the kids play in the yard.”
- “The granite in the kitchen is exactly what we envisioned in our dream home!”
- Don’t tell them anything you plan to fix or change about the house. Keep it positive and focus on what you love about the home as it is.
- Go into a little history about yourself – your stable job, the fact that you have a strong credit score or that you’ve owned a home before. You don’t have to get specific, just make yourself shine and give them confidence.
- End it with a big thank you and how it was a pleasure to be able to view their lovely home. A thank you never hurts!
If you truly want this home to be yours, an offer letter with come naturally and easily. It is not necessary to write one at all, but it definitely gives you the upper hand in a competitive market!