The old house has sold, the new house has been purchased and you’re ready to start life in your new home. But first, you must move! In order to make the process a little less stressful and a lot easier, try out some of these moving and packing tips from popsugar.com. Most of these are genius!
- Slide clothes on hangers directly into garbage bags.
- Put cotton balls in your makeup compacts so they don’t break. They act as a cushion inside of fragile powder cosmetics.
- Use toilet paper rolls to organize your cords. Keep wires organized by wrapping each cord up and stuffing it inside an empty roll.
- Wrap breakable dishware in your shirts. Not only are you saving on bubble wrap, but you’re also packing multiple items at once.
- Cover all bottles of liquid (shampoo, cleaning supplies, etc.) with plastic wrap before putting the top on.
- Color-code your boxes so you will know exactly where everything goes.
- If your packing tape is dried up, put it in the microwave for a few seconds. It will become sticky again.
- Use suitcases for your heaviest items. The handles and wheels will make for easy transportation.
- Pack a separate small bag with all of your basics. Chances are you won’t unpack everything in one day, so make sure you have everything you need for one night easily accessible.
- Fill nail holes with toothpaste. It’s the quick and cheap way to cover up all of those holes.
- Change your address in advance. Make sure to take care of this pesky chore at least two weeks before move-out.
- Defrost your fridge a day before moving out. Avoid all kinds of leaks and nasty smells by doing this at least a day ahead of time.
- Label your boxes on the side, not the top. When you stack them, you will always be able to see what’s inside.
- Find free moving boxes on the Craigslist “free” section. You can also ask for boxes at local stores; they often have lots of leftovers.
Have any moving and packing tips that you’d like to share? Comment below so we can be in the know!
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”true”]